I thought I was going to Barcelona

Los Angeles Travel Blog

I am now totally out of NYC and ready to start a journey that I have not planned for, this will get interesting.

After stopping by my house to pick up some clothes I headed to the airport to go to Barcelona, Spain. I have always wanted to go to Spain. Something about the country just looks like I would have a good time. While waiting for my flight back to JFK so that I could catch the next flight to Spain something amazing happened...

Earlier that night I had been making small talk with one of the United gate agents. We started talking about tennis because I was wearing my US Open hat. She was an avid tennis fan and I felt pretty proud that I could keep up my end of the conversation! I told her my plans, or at least what I thought my plans were. Just before boarding my plane to NYC the same gate agent suggested I go to Sydney instead. She offered a free visa, so I said Ok and boarded the flight to SYD!

I know, you're in disbeliefe right now... Heck that even sounds crazy to me. I am so fortunate to be able to do this.
JeAr says:
wow, just read this! *dumbfounded* lol

wish i can be THAT spontaneous!
Posted on: Nov 03, 2008
TRE69 says:
Lucky!!!
Posted on: Nov 03, 2008
Kayelem says:
what the hey?! How did that happen? will that happen to me one day? lol
Posted on: Oct 21, 2008