Medellin, Colombia Apartment

Medellin Travel Blog

View From The Apartment Balcony
I wish I had know about TravBuddy before I planned my trip to Medellin!!  I found an apartment through an American Realtor that lives in Medellin. I found out after being there a while that I paid more than if I had found one locally. I do not want to list the name in a blog post, but just be careful who you deal with.  I was not ripped off, but the guy renting the apartment made a lot more off of me than local apartment renter charges. Thank goodness I made friends there that will help me with finding an apartment for my next trip.  I was traveling alone and stayed in a 3 bedroom, 3 bath apartment, with maids quarters and bath.  So I was paying for much more apartment than I needed.  The apartment was very nice and if traveling with a larger group, it would have been better.  It was located in the El Pablado area of Medellin. El Pablado is the best and safest area of Medellin for Americans.  But my overall experience was complete safety where ever I traveled in the city.
pinchora says:
congrats on getting out of the United States and getting a stamp on that passport!!!
Posted on: Oct 26, 2008