AsiaChinaBeijing

...and a new crowd gathers.

Beijing Travel Blog

Beijing Railway Station - Day

Today was pretty much a recovery day.  Moved hotels again, this time down to the Harmony Hotel near Beijing Zhan Railway Station.  There was a large internet cafe around the corner from the hotel so I got the chance to take care of some business matters, make sure the credit cards were paid and that there were no sudden emergencies back home.  Chanced to chat with some friends on the book of faces while I posted a scattering of photos (not many - the connection wasn't exactly the greatest).  Decided on a whim to take a walk down to Temple of Heaven Park in the afternoon.  On the way down saw a Pizza Company restaurant and dropped in for lunch.  Just because I was enjoying Chinese cuisine doesn't mean I wasn't having the occasional hankering for some Western food.

Beijing Railway Station - Night

This is an incredible park, unfortunately my camera batteries decided to die after doing the photo upload at the internet cafe and I did not think to have any extras in my day pack.  And I didn't realize this until I had already bought my entrance ticket and was in the park.  So I wandered around and saw the many halls and temples including the famous Hall of Prayer for Good Harvests and the Imperial Vault of Heaven.  Many other halls adorn the grounds of the park and the area was popular with locals and tourists alike on this gorgeous afternoon.

I needed to get back to the hotel to meet the new gang of strangers who would be my companions on my cross continental trip.  Took a brief moment in the room to clean up some and then back down to the lobby.  Most of the group was around but there were a few stragglers who had not yet arrived.  Left a message at reception and went out for a meal to feel out the new dynamics.  It was a slightly older group but as dinner wore on I felt that it would be a fun gang to travel with for the next three weeks.  We spent a long time at dinner before we returned to the hotel.  I spent some time composing these words for the past few days (including today) before calling it a night.

Beijing