A day at the races.

Ao Nang Travel Blog

So Chane (our local volunteer coordinator) thought it would be a grand idea to have a run/race on our day off today.  In the end only four of us chose to participate (another group of four went to Wat Tham Seua early and the remainder weren't much interested).  So a few minutes after 7:00 AM, Matt, Matty, Lee, and I were off on an approximately 11-12K course around the house (consisting of 2 loops).  The final result was pretty much a foregone conclusion from the start - Matt is a fit runner who has a few marathons under his belt at 22, I had at least done some running recently, and Matty and Lee were running neophytes.

Early out we all started together just having some fun and jogging around, but about 2/3 of the way through the first loop I pulled away a bit, only to be joined by Matt, as we finished the first loop together.  The second loop was another story - Matt pulled away, the heat began to affect me and I struggled in at about the same time for the second loop, finishing just over an hour.  Matt was about 4-5 minutes in front, Lee was a 2-3 behind and Matty decided to give up the ghost after 1 loop.

For the rest of the day off I just took it easy.  This was only my second run of the year, and it gets hot quickly out here (could have stood to start at 6:30 or so, would have been better off).  But it was fun nonetheless.

Ao Nang