Strange Weather for the Dry Season...

Ao Nang Travel Blog

So the dry season is supposedly in full effect in Thailand currently.  And for the first 6 weeks of my time here this was true as it rained only twice.  Which makes the weather that we have experienced in the past week strange indeed.  We have had rain and storms something like 5 of the last 7 afternoon/evenings.  And some pretty good torrential downpours with some amazing lightning strikes to boot.  Got a chance to sit on the balcony of the new place a few nights ago and watch the light show and take some pictures which I will try to upload shortly.

No one really has an explanation for the weather other than to say that it is atypical for March in Thailand.  Its supposed to be getting into the hot season, instead its actually kept the temperatures somewhat suppressed (which means upper-80s instead of mid-90s).

Oh well, I'm just happy its been something different from the standard weather of the first 3/4 of my time in Thailand.

Update March 7 - We got gobsmacked last night.  It rained harder than I have ever seen before for about 90 minutes starting at about 9:00 PM.  Apparently there was nearly a foot of water running down the main street through town from all the rain.  And again its not even the rainy season yet.

And yet more rain.  Last day of work in the mangroves today (March 7) and just after lunch it started to pour again.  Will we get more rain this evening or not?

Update March 9 - Another round of storms last evening (March 8).  Not as long or as hard as 2 days ago, but this is getting a bit old hat now.

Ao Nang