Relaxing in Pokhara
Pokhara Travel Blog› entry 62 of 136 › view all entries
So, I've finished the Annapurna Circuit today and am relazing in Pokhara. It was an amazing experience and there are loads of stories and photos to share in due time. But for now I've survived and am still mostly in one piece health-wise. Back to Kathmandu tomorrow (its a 200 km journey that is estimated to take about 7.5 hrs) for a few days and then off to Everest Base Camp. Am I a glutton for punishment or what?
Got to sleep in a bit today as we left for Naya Pul after an 8:30 AM breakfast.
In Pokhara we had the afternoon to ourselves to enjoy town.
We had a grand final dinner (Dal Baat, what else) with everyone including our guides and porters, and after dinner proceeded back into town to hit the lakeside bars for post trip celebrations. It was mainly a good time first at Club Amsterdam and then at BusyBee. But there was some craziness - a fight at Club Amsterdam and a drunken kiss at Busy Bee.
At Club Amsterdam a fight broke out and I watched a Nepali get bashed with a glass beer bottle across the head no more than 2 meters from where I sat.
Things quiet down fairly early in Nepal in general and Pokhara was no exception. Around 11:30 PM we were heading back to our lodge as things were shutting down for the night. We had a 7:00 AM bus in the morning for our 7 hour journey back to Kathmandu (only 200km, so you can do the math for the average speed, not very fast). If only that was all the longer it would take but that is a tale for tomorrow's entry.
Some stats from the trail
- Distance Traveled - Approx.
- Days Walking in Rain - 3 (To Chamje, Kalopani, Birethanti) - rained other times as well but not while we were walking
- Days Walking in Hail - 3 (Every time it rained there was hail as well)
- Days Walking in Snow - 0 (walking while it was snowing, we definitely walked in snow that had already fallen)
- Longest consecutive number of days in a single T-Shirt - 4 (it was cold and I wasn't sweating much)
- Longest consecutive number of days in a single pair of undershorts - 3
- Laundry - 1 (In Manang had laundry done - did rinse/wash the occasional pair of socks, undershorts and dry as necessary)
- Shave - 3 (Manang, Kalopani, Pokhara)
- Showers - 5 (Bagarchap - 3/27, Manang - 3/31, Kagbeni - 4/4, Kalopani - 4/6, Pokhara - 4/10)