Onward to Bangkok

Ao Nang Travel Blog

The "Berger" Stand
My final day in Ao Nang was marked by preparations for departure.  After a busy week, I had to get everything packed up for the trip north.  As I write this I am waiting to get picked up for a short drive to the bus station in Krabi where I will be travelling on the overnight bus to Bangkok.  From there I will have a 6 days to experience the big city before catching a flight for Kathmandu, Nepal.  An interesting location for a small break between the larger segments of my trip.  More to come on the journey when I arrive in Bangkok.

It was a strange feeling leaving Ao Nang yesterday. Driving out of town along roads that I had walked, ridden, run, and motorbiked on (passing the Berger Stand was especially traumatic), I realized how much this place had become like home during the 2 months I stayed there.
On the bus from Krabi to Bangkok.
And even though I leave on the next steps of a grand adventure, it was with a sense of nostalgia that I departed for Bangkok.  The bus journey itself was uneventful.  We traveled to Surat Thani, dropped some people off and picked more up and then headed up the narrow isthmus toward Bangkok.  Around 1:00 AM we stopped for around 30 minutes at some road side rest stop where we could get food, drink, and stretch the legs.  Then it was on for the last 4 hours or so of the drive.

We arrived in Bangkok around 5:30 AM.  I found a hostel to stay at and then just crashed.  Even though I dozed on the bus I was still exhausted and wanted only to sleep for an extended period.
The Berger Stand