Moving Day :(

Ao Nang Travel Blog

So there had been a few issues with our dive center and we had switched for most of February while the volunteer organization tried to settle the issues.  As we approached the end of February it was readily apparent that all those differences would not be resolved.  The unfortunate part of this was that we were also provided with our housing by the dive center owners and for them it was an all or nothing package.  We would dive and stay with them or we would do neither.  Since that was the case we ended up having to make a move today.

So it was up early and we started to pack all our belongings to move to the opposite side of Ao Nang and into J Guesthouse.  For me it was a bit frustrating to be packing up and moving locations since I am going to have to do it again in a bit over a week when I leave Ao Nang.  But we loaded the songthaews with all our stuff and headed across town.  We also had to pack up all the group equipment and the equipment of the office staff and cart that over as well.  All in all it was a pretty long day and not something I necessarily anticipated doing on the project.  And really a shame as well.  The family that ran the dive shop were very nice people and both sides had some valid issues, it was just so unfortunate that they could not work those issues out.

That said, the guesthouse is nice.  But different as well.  I think there is going to be less of a sense of community here as the doors lock automatically when shut and each room has a TV in it.  So I can see people spending more time in their rooms than on the porch or in the common area back at the house.  So we will see.

mr_shanet says: