Introduction to Trekking Group

Kathmandu Travel Blog

Slept in for a bit, had my breakfast that I purchased at one of the bakeries last night (50% off after 8PM) and cleaned up.  Wandered around looking for a working ATM (harder than it seems when you never know where the electricity is working) to get access to some Nepali cash since that will be difficult to access during the trek.  At 1PM had an introductory meeting with my guide and the other trekkers signed on for this adventure on the Annapurna Circuit:

• Ciaran (Ireland)
  • Roman (UK)
  • Rudy (Switzerland)
  • Patrick (UK)
  • Jess (Australia)
  • Claire (UK)
  • Michelle (UK)
  • Carol (UK)
  • Nikki (Australia) - didn't exactly meet her for a few more days as she had plane problems but she was on the trek

and our guide Chitra.  We would meet a few additional assistant guides and porters later.

Nothing else major happened the rest of the day other than final preparations for the 3 weeks of trekking and getting to know my new companions.  I needed to decide what would come with me on the trek and what would be left behind at the Kathmandu Guest House storage room since there was no way to bring everything with me on the trek (and not that I needed to anyway).

photo by: sharonburgher