Illing

Ao Nang Travel Blog

BBQ party at the house

I spent the previous night in fitful sleep, alternating between shivering and burning up in bed, a sure sign of fighting off a fever.  By the time I woke at 7 AM, I was feeling a bit better, but not nearly well enough to go dive.  I wasn't the only one as Rik, Soren, and Jeppe had some issues as well and were staying home as well.  A few others who had begun not feeling well on Wed did end up going out on the boat so it appeared that whatever was passing around was not long lasting.

In fact by noon or so I was feeling much better.  We had a new volunteer show up in the morning, and since I needed to get some things from Ao Nang, I took Allison down into town for a brief introduction.  My main reason for going was to pick up some electrolyte replace powder packets to mix with my water.  I learned that you actually find these in a pharmacy here in Thailand.  Getting what I had come for, with Allison feeling quite tired after her journey from Alberta, Canada, we headed back to the house.

Tonight was the night of the monthly BBQ at the house once the volunteers returned from the dive site.  In addition to the conservation volunteers, also met Erin, who had been in town for about 3 days and was doing a care (physiotherapy) project in Krabi and living with a host family there.  I finally felt like eating for the first time in 24+ hours.  After dinner the whole gang went out for a bit as Soren and Jeppe are leaving on Sunday the 25th.  While we were out another volunteer arrived, Mia from the US.  Lots of change at the house after a relatively stable first week.

kelleeoo says:
Never nice to be sick...especially when away from home. so sorry!
Posted on: Jan 27, 2009