Finally in Hong Kong

Kowloon Travel Blog

(Quick In Trip Update) Well, I've made it to Hong Kong from Nepal and on to the next stage of the journey.  I have so many photos to post and journal entries to enter that I'm not sure when I'm going to have time to get everything in while I'm on the journey.  So it may be another 6 weeks until I get home when most of the stuff gets posted but don't worry it will eventually get up here.  On to China in 2 more days.

(Journal Update) A pretty slow and uneventful day.  Went over and spent a good portion of the morning at the internet cafe uploading some photos to my flickr and facebook accounts from Nepal.  Then lunch at the Spaghetti House (still craving some western food).  Then back to the hotel and spent the afternoon lounging at the pool (indulging while I have the opportunity).  Dinner in the hotel and then back to my room later in the evening.  All in all a really lazy day.

Swine Flu Update - The first case of swine flu was detected in Hong Kong today.  They quarantined the entire hotel where it was found for 7 days.  Really hoping that does not occur where I'm staying at any portion of my trip.  Of course this means even more masks outside although for the most part it seems people are dealing with it sensibly.  Of course I have to remember that this was the area that was hit with SARS so they might be expected to be a bit more cautious and sensitive about the potentiality of an epidemic.

Kramerdude says:
Well apparently its going to be even longer Vance. Keeping busy but slowly putting stuff in day by day or so...
Posted on: Jul 20, 2009
kelleeoo says:
anxiously awaiting..............
Posted on: Jun 07, 2009
vances says:
Hmmm...I'm gonna assume 12 weeks. Six weeks until you return and another six weeks to upload all the amazing pictures you must have amassed!
Posted on: May 02, 2009