Tulum and Xel Ha

Tulum Travel Blog

Eagle Warrior

Beware the salesman at the airport.  Since this was our first solo trip, we had a lot to learn.  One lesson will definately be do not buy any fun packages at the airport.  On our way out of the airport a man stopped us by loudly saying "my friend, my friend, do I have a deal for you."  Normally we would just wait until his sales pitch had a break and politely decline and move about our day.  This particular package seemed rather appealing.  For $100 we could go see the ruins in Tulum, visit Xel Ha, have a complimentary breakfast and dinner with all the alcohol we could possibly want.  We were sucked in come to find out that it was a "vacation rental" sales pitch by the company grupo maya.  BEWARE THE GRUPO MAYA.

Voladores
  We had to take a taxi to a different hotel to get our breakfast and the sales representative wasted 4 hours of our day to try to get us to purchase a vaction rental which is basically a time share.  Because of our frustration, we overloaded on food and alcohol at Xel ha since it was in deed free.

Tulum was very interesting and very pretty.  A lot of history lessons and the architecture is amazing.  There were a few shops and a few demonstrations like the flight of the voladores.  Those men are brave I would never in a million years hang upsidedown from a rope and swing in a circle without being strapped onto something.

Xel Ha is fun.  A lot of things to do and see.  It is kind of theme park like but at least this park was natural and not man made.  You don't have to take your own snorkel gear if you don't want too.  You can rent some there.  If I go back to Playa Del Carmen this is definately a must when I go back.  Unfortunately I didn't get to see everything because the Grupo Maya people took so much of our day.

Beach at Tulum
Beach at Tulum
Flight of the Voladores
This was the first time I saw a me…
This was the first time I saw a m…
Tulum