Package tourist hell...

Koh Samui Travel Blog

So after an amazing few days of relaxing and partying on Beautiful Koh Tao I went to my next island which was Koh Samui. I would'nt reccomend anyone going here, especially not backpackers, and especially not after beeing on Koh Tao.
I went looking for accomodation on Chaweng beach, which is like supposedly the main place to be on the island. It took me a long time to fin anything with an acceptable price, and even then it was still twice as much as i paid on Koh Tao.

I regretted leaving Koh Tao the first hour after arriving in Chaweng. I'm starting to become an experienced traveller now, and have long since known that I would never go for any package tourist place, unless there was hopes of escaping to some other place. This was just like the last time i stumbled upon a package tourist place in Antalya the summer of 2003 while travelling the middle east.
Thai people asking me where I'm from, and when I say Norway they start throwing out Norwegian phrases. In that instant I realize that it's about time to get the fuck out of there. Or when there is scandinavian steak houses, and places called " Viking bar". C'mon people...!

The worst was however when I went out later in the evening in the hopes of meeting some other backpackers around. That totally failed of course, all I could find was like drunk swedish boy gangs. I Went into the area where all the clubs/pubs where and found it to be a pretty horrifying sight.Oh my god!
Thai girls everywhere, most agressive prostitutes I've ever had the misfortune of meeting. " Hi handsome man, cooooome here - I show you gooooood time, ohh yeah"
They were surrounding me on the street, grabbing me by force trying to get me into their local pub/brothel. And girls walking around the streets with signs like " come into our pub ,we suck your lollipop" ,or " Cum into this nice pub ,and we help u Cum"  ... my god.... I was laughing quite a bit after finally managing to get out of that street. It's so tacky/cheezy that there's hardly words to describe it.

The next morning I left. And this fucker who was driving the shuttle bus drove me in the complete opposite direction of the place where the boat was for like 45 minutes and wanted three times the price. I was so pissed that I almost jumped him, but then i just left in the middle of nothing I started walking. Then I met these australians who had seen the whole sherade and were kind enough to drive me al the way across the island to my boat. Good people do still exist.

I will never go to Koh Samui again.That's for sure.

Koh Samui