Back

Budapest Travel Blog

The flight from Istanbul brought me back to the town where I spent the last 5 years of studying. It all seems so far away now, even though just 2 months ago I was sweating over the books, studying 16 hours a day to pass my final exams. And still when I would go to the exams and do well, the grades where bad, simply because the proffesors decided the grades mostly on facial characteristics.

Walking the streets of Budapest I just got flashbacks from my last months here...months of inhumane levels of stress and discomfort. I hope to forget all these times some day, and see Budapest as the vibrant european capital it is. There is much to see, and much to do for the curious tourist here, and for the party people this city also offers just about everything. Cheap beer is one of the perks!

Just a few days I had to spend here. And those where largely spent running back and forth to government offices to get my diploma validated. Went out drinking with some friends from my class who were still here. Morrison is always a good place to go, if one can learn to ignore the hungarian karaoke in the background.

If I had more time I would have tried to enjoy the city for what it is worth. I haveĀ“nt been able to do that for most the time that I actually lived here, as my studies where ever demanding more. I would have gone to the outdoor hot pools in the bath in the city park. Nothing nicer then relaxing in the 40 C water when the air around is 6 C, or enjoying the hot steam rooms.
In any case I will always keep coming back here, as I own a quite nice apartment in the midst of the city on the Pest side.

Clarafina says:
I graduated yesterday! I'm sorry you couldn't do that with all your friends. But, the gowns were very hot in the 30C weather, and it did drag on for a very long time, so there were negative aspects too :)
Posted on: Dec 06, 2008