to the top

Devenport Travel Blog

the ferry terminal

So after the rain cleared it became another stunningly beautiful warm sunny day. I headed out on the ferry to Devenport, which I think is a little suburb of Auckland. Totally fell in love! It's the cutest town ever...could totally live there! Well, I only saw one section of it down by the wharf but so so quaint and New England-y...only warm and pretty and has beaches and volnanoes... So I climbed up to the top of extinct Mt. Victoria. I've never walked so much! It was just beyond words how beautiful it was...you could look out at the other smaller islands and back to Auckland.

I walked around for a bit down by the beach, then back into town and got something that apparantly is "nz food" but I forget what it was called...but it was smoked salmon and avocado. Yummy!

(there's music coming from outside)

I'm back in Auckland for the night and heading out early tomorrow morning, going south to Rotorua, then to Taupo, then stopping in Wellington for a few days before crossing into the south island.

Two for one drinks downstairs for the next 15 mins...peace yo!

bristolmoomin says:
Devenport is beautiful isn't it! What a great way to spend the day, and having a picnic on the grass with a wonderful view :)
Posted on: Oct 22, 2009
auckland from the boat
auckland from the boat
devenport
devenport
a giant chess game in the school y…
a giant chess game in the school …
at the top of Mt Victoria