Spoons and Snap

Cesky Krumlov Travel Blog

It was a fair 3 hour's travelling to Cesky Krumlov after a change at nearby Budejovice, somewhere I had visited before a couple of times on a Czech exchange trip at school back when I was 13.

Hostel 99 is dead easy to find and welcoming. Si was on a mission to get smashed but Cesky Krunmlov is quiet in mid November. I can imagine it being really busy in the summer, when Rafting round the Old Town's moat is one of its more popular attractions. After a few beers in the hostel with James (the hostel's North London host), Chip and yank burds Lauren and Tara, we played a few card games including one called spoons (before you ask, of the cutlery nature) and a great variation of snap! and just chilled out in what feels like a relaxation paradise in comparision to the hustle bustle of tourist Prague, telling jokes in true S. Dixon stylee.

Krumlov is dead small, but surrounded with hills and a moat surrounds the Old Town,. Today we climbed the Small Castle's Tower before chilling out in a coffee shop and shopping for souvenirs, Oh, and we went to the museum of torture too! Interesting stuff... nothing to torture a Gerbil with though.

Right now I am pretty relaxed writing this blog in the hostel. I'm flying to Korea for 6 months in a week and a half's time, and as the number of destinations left on our European Tour gets lower and lower, thoughts of Korea are moving more and more to the front of my mind. Just Munich left after Krumlov (we're staying here another night, it's just too nice not to!) where we intend to catch the Germany vs England game in Der Pub before flying back to the UK for a week before Asia begins to reap the benefit of my fantastic ability to lose belongings.

PS - Is John Sargeant REALLY still in Strictly Come Dancing??! Someone get that man an OBE.

JeAr says:
spoons, hmmm... :D

i wanna see pics, though! cesky is such a cool and picturesque place, IMO :)

Posted on: Nov 18, 2008