EuropeSwedenLund

hallo, old friend!

Lund Travel Blog

Per, dancing on the job. tsk tsk
I arrived in Lund on Thursday night around midnight. As soon as I got off the train there was Per waiting for me! It was such a great feeling. Not only because it was nice to see him since I had missed him so much! , but also because I kind of freak out in unfamiliar places with an unfamiliar language. I arrived fairly late so we had tea, talked, and stayed up all night just enjoying each other’s company.

Friday morning Per had to go to class and I stayed in bed and made up for the hours we were awake the previous night. He came home after his class with the yummiest falafel and we hung out and talked more. The rest of the day was pretty lazy. We went to a sauna. How Scandinavian?! It was my first time ever.
guest dj-ing. ha!
Needless to say I was more irritated than relaxed. My hair turned into a huge FOOFBALL! Haha, I learned the "scandinavian etiquette" for entering and leaving the sauna. It's pretty much "DON'T TAKE YOUR TIME! JUST GET OUT AND CLOSE THE DOOR". Per told me that's typical of every dad when their children would leave the sauna. After the sauna we played some video games with his friends and had dinner.

Friday night Per had a gig DJ-ing at the nation he’s a part of, Blekingska. Nations, from what I understand, are similar to fraternities. They cater to certain people. There’s one that’s primarily for anarchists, a political nation, and Blekingska is considered an indie/alternative nation and there’s more! It was super cool and not lame like a frat house. It’s much more like a club and the atmosphere is different. I didn’t have the required student ID so, I was put on the guest list as the guest dj. bwahaha. I didnt do anything except stand behind the DJ booth and look cute. Only for a bit though as I had some dancing on the dance floor to attend to!

Good times were had that night and the next day we ventured to a city called Malmo.
Lund