all I want is to see a freaking castle!

Malmo Travel Blog

waiting for the bus
So, before I came to Sweden I told Per all I wanted was an escape from the Netherlands and to see a freaking castle. My wish was granted! We took the bus from Lund to Malmo. it was a nice trip. Only took about half an hour. It went through the country side and through the industrial part of the cities. Malmo was differnt than what I expected. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it reminded me of something similar to a Chinatown, but with different ethnicities. It's very diverse population makes it for a very good place to grab a bit to eat! So many options! I loved it there.We walked around, I got to admire Swedish architecture, and green parks, had a yummy lunch, and found a castle! Malmo Castle! The only thing I truly, truly, wanted to see in this trip.
oh look! they names a street after me
haha. It wasn’t that impressive, but I was satisfied. It was built in 1530’s and was the place where Mary Queen of Scot’s third husband was imprisoned. (the more you know…)

After walking around what seemed forever we met up with his friends. We hung out at their place and pre partied. They told me this was very much a Swedish thing and I thought…it’s very much an everybody thing! And was whisked back to memories of chugging “tall boys” of beer with my friends before the bar. *Ahh, memories* We went to Debaser, a club in Malmo, to see Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin. A band I semi like and wanted to see. I appreciate that Per went with me even though he hates them. He even danced along! The show was meh, but the after party was so much fun. Spent the night dancing away to indie hits. By the way, Sweden as a whole is hipster land. Everyone there is a hipster…or at least dresses like one.

At the end of the night we took the bus back to Lund. On the bus I befriended some Swedes and gave them my fries. Per bought me fries for the trip home, but I guess my eyes were bigger than my appetite because I only ate about 1/4 of them. They were more than appreciative and I felt I did some good in the world. haha

waiting for the bus
oh look! they names a street after…
oh look! they names a street afte…
a statue
a statue
malmo castle
malmo castle
look how impressed i am >.
look how impressed i am >.
per at malmo castle