a little Peruanita alone in New Orleans' airport...

New Orleans Travel Blog

It was around 7:10pm when I arrived to New Orleans. The flight was short and I could sleep most of it, haha. I wasn't sure who would be waiting for me. Office was supposed to take care of it. OMG! Nobody was there! I claimed my bags and looked around, but definitely nobody was there :( So frustrating my phone wasn't working, ugh. I remembered Blair - my boss - told me he wouldn't be able to pick me up, but he'd send somebody else, uhmmm. I have already been in touch with another colleague who told me he would be near the airport and I should give him a call if I needed something. And so I did. 20min later he was there, yay!

He drove me to my hotel. When I arrived I have alredy gotten 2 messages, haha. Once was from Scott, the guy who was suppossed to pick me up.
I changed flights at last minute and he was waiting for me 1 hour in advance, poor Scott!!!! The other one was from Tim aka "Father Tim". He was in the hotel before meeting me and left me a note asking me to call him + a flower + wine, haha. I checked in, left my bags and we went next door to get something to eat. We didn't drink anything there since we had already wine waiting for us. Before going to the restaurant he opened the bottles to let the wine breath, hehe.

It would be the 1st time I would drink wine from New Zealand. It was very good, I like it! Tim and I became friends since the 1st time he went to Peru to perform a job in the jungle. I have always been the host and this time I was in his territory, haha. We kept on chatting until the wine was over and then he left. I was so tired I didn't unpack much, just the very basic and then fall asleep like a baby. But before that I called the frontdesk and asked for a wake up call, hehe.

Tomorrow would be time to work...
I liked this one!