Time to fly back home... :(

New Orleans Travel Blog

nice mural
I asked for a wake up call last night. That was a good idea, haha. I still needed to pack the last stuff. I was almost ready when I noticed something was missing, OMG! Where is my camera? I looked for it everywhere. I was about calling Shannon and asked him if I left it in his car last night, but I decided to look for it in the pocket of the new bag, just in case you know, and... I found it, hehe. I didn't remember I put it there before going to bed, just trying not to forget it in the hotel room, haha.

I was ready to leave about 9am. My friend wouldn't come until 10am, so I had a bit of time to chill out and relax. I checked my TB and mails for last time before flying back home. I got a mail from a friend, who's living right now in Canada but would be in Houston during the weekend.
tax free shopping - love it!!!
So if my flight back home is delayed, maybe I'd be able to meet Julio. That would be awesome! I haven't seen him in 1 year, uffff. Anyway, a TB who is moving to Lima in a couple of weeks contacted me just before coming to the States and I was helping him with accomodation for his first days in the city and it's so funny, he would be at New Orleans' airport at same time as me, cool! I'd write about it in my other blog, haha. Anyway I checked if I had news from him.

It was not even 10, when Addie arrived. I had 1 big bag and 2 carry on items, hehe. Still don't know how I could make it. Originally I had 3 carry on items, haha. Anyway, we drove to the airport. I have already done the check in, so it was easy. Just dropped my big bag and had enough time to go to the office and claim for a tax refund and meet JB - the TB I was talkinga about - and relax before going through security. At 11:30am I met him. It was great, we couldn't spend much time since I wanted to avoid the long lines in security. Sorry about that JB, but we will meet in Lima in less than 1 month - yay!

Ok, it was time to board and start the long flight back home. Just noticed I would have barely 1 hour lay over in Houston, just hope I can make it... if I couldn't succeed, Julio would be around, hehehe.