Land of Butterflies and Waterfalls

Puerto Iguazu Travel Blog

Got up a little late 7 AM--it was the time change that did me in and also the noise the people in the kitchen till after 12 AM.

Time I realized the time, and I knew that I had to be out at 7:45 AM, it was time for a quick shower and down to breakfast.  But where was breakfast, I asked the staff and they pointed to a resturant?  I thought that was kind of strange--but breakfast was next door.

I tried the breakfast and it was one of the worest breakfasts that I had in South America.  The only thing that I had was the coffee.
Around 7:30 AM, I brought some water from the staff, since I did not know how much it was and I was ready.

There was approx 7 or us in the van and we speed towards the park.  I wondered about the lunch that we had been promised--but no worries.

We stopped off at the other hostel and picked up other guests who were going to the park with us.  The other hostel has that BIG swimming pool that you see in their ad.  I was jelous that I was not staying there.

Talking with 2 girls from spain--they had eaten there on Monday and had a great time.  There was also a Tango show presented.  Cannot go to to a show and dinner if no-one tells you about it.  :(

Within 15 minutes we were at the park and it was time to begin our day.  I payed my 40 pesos and it was time for some fun.  I found the people that did the Grand Adventure tour.  They advised to the tour in the morning and not wait till the afternoon.  I really did not believe them, but what choice did I have.

So it was the morning tour--starting from the top.  Again--I meet up with the spainish women from the hostel and we ended up spending the day together.

The first stop was the boat ride.  It was smoother than the boat trip than the one a couple of days ago.  I loved it.  Seeing the men put on their rain gear told you what type of weather we were going to get.

After we landed  it was time to catch the boat over to the island.  We toured the island.  Then we got soaked again as we peered into the waterfall.  We were just loving life.  92 degrees temp.--new friends, what more could I ask for.  I shared my food and water, and they shared some nuts that they had brought.  Then it was time to catch the boat to do the lower trail.  Catching the boat--they made us put on our life jackets just incase.

Puerto Iguazu