Touch Down In Cebu (Again)

Cebu City Travel Blog

I stayed in Cebu City for almost 4 years to complete my degree in Engineering. Cebu is nothing foreign to me (well, less the new high-rise buildings and IT parks). Cebu is still the same - I still find it a good place to settle. I love the people, I love the food, I love everything that is Cebu plus I keep good friendships there so, the place is still a home to me.

I left Manila at 8:30 via Cebu Pacific. Thank god, the flight was just delayed for 30 minutes. Adi, a good friend from college was in the airport to pick me up. I had only one thing on my mind that time - Larsian. This is a place to eat anything grilled - chorizo, any parts of the chicken, pork bbq and many others. Some sort of a hawker place I would say. We used to go there during my college.
Before, the place used to be more ghetto but now, it has order. Stores are just on the perimeter and at the middle are chairs and tables. Unlike before where stores operate independently, they cooked, served table at their on place. Even though I missed the old Larsian, the newly found order was a delightful welcome to me.

After eating several sticks of chorizo, chicken liver and many others together with 10 poso (rice packed in dried coconut leaves) and downing a 1.5L sprite, I was just glad to have experienced such a very good and familiar taste sensation.

The rest of the night was spent bar hopping and waiting for the sun to appear. I didn't get a room for the night knowing that it would only be spent wasted with booze and other activities not appropriate to be written.

My friend Adi stayed with me until 6 AM and that's when we started looking for my place.
Cebu City Hotels & Accommodations review
Mayflower Inn
As per their site: Established in 1953 but newly refurbished with Filipino Latino interior and bright new exterior with the same old warm service a… read entire review