Slow Day In Panglao (Day 4)

Panglao Travel Blog

Panglao Beach
The previous night in Panglao was not the most pleasant sleep I ever had. Three of us slept in a combined 2 single beds. The mattress was quite tough, the pillows were not the most comfortable pillow ever. It was a bad sleep. At 8 AM, we forced ourselves to go to the beach, our only motivation why we came over to this Island. Walking from our hostel to the beach took about 15 minutes, passing through Alona Beach.

The beaches of Panglao was as good as the ones in Boracay (I think) but it was less crowded. The beach and the food were the saving grace of Panglao for me. The room that we rented was far from the personal standard I have for a decent room, our dinner of the previous night was way too expensive.
Panglao Beach
I thought, I would never like Panglao, until I saw the beach and ate my breakfast.

Also, Panglao is a good place to dive. I saw a lot of diving resorts in Alona beach area. I will to return here to dive. Anyway, we rented a car to pick us up from our hotel around noontime to bring us back to Tagbilaran for a ferry back to Cebu. I asked the driver to bring us first to Panglao Church before going back to the city. I read that the church is noteworthy because of its twin antique confessionals carved with grape and dove patterns and its ceiling murals depict the sacraments. However, the church was closed when we got there. For me to take picture, I had to squeeze my hands to a small hole on the front door. I was not able to get close to the confessionals. The interior looks good based on the pictures I took.
Panglao Church
Also, not far from the church is another watchtower, but it was close to public unlike Punta Cruz.

I was thinking of dropping by Dauis Church since the church appeared to be very close to the causeway from Tagbilaran to Panglao Island. Unknown to me was, there's a another bridge connecting Panglao to the city, and it was much closer to the pier. And our driver took that path, thus, I was not able to see Dauis Church.

I have not covered all the activities that I want to do in Bohol. And I think for a two day stay there, that would be close to impossible. I would like to return to Bohol to watch Loboc Children's Choir perform (even if it just their practice session), to do the dolphin watching, to do the night cruise in Loboc river, to dive and to visit churches that I have not visited like Dauis and Calape.

Anyway, at 5 PM, we were already on board back to Cebu. Again, my friend phoned me and he picked us up from the pier.
Breakfast in Panglao