Last Day In Cebu (Day 5)

Cebu Travel Blog

Rizal Memorial Library and Museum
With my friends working, and I only have until 10 AM to explore the city. There was nothing much to do. I just walk around where the Hotel is, which is very close to the Capitol Building and Osmena circle.

I also disovered that the Rizal Museum and Library is very close to the hotel as well. However, some renovation was going on and the museum is close to public right now. Nonetheless, I still took some pictures of the building where a statue of Rizal teaching some kids was on the center of the building.

As a practice, I needed to bring some Cebu goodies to Manila, Shamrock known for their otap has a store nearby.
Cebu Capitol
I went there, bought packs of otap, banana chips and torones. Also, I bought dried danggit and pusit in the airport.

As I left Cebu, I realized that I really want to stay there long-term. I missed the place. I like it there. Cebu is not as big as Manila, not as pretentious as Manila but big enough to be anonymous and big enough to have the comfort of modern living. In addition, nice beach are very close to the city, there are old churches to visit without spending too much. There are so many things that still I want to do in Cebu - bird watching in Olango Is, dive with the thresher shark in Malapascua, go to the beaches of Bantayan Is, explore the old churches in the Southern part of Cebu and see the parola (lighthouse) in Liloan. I have many reasons to come back, and I surely will. Besides, I love this place. The first time I fell in love was here. :)

The last day was uneventful - meaning no flight delays, no missing bags, no cyclone, no earthquake, no volcanic eruption, no nothin'. :)
planisphere says:
oo ninz, walang cyclone, hehehe
Posted on: Oct 28, 2008