Alumni Day II
West Mifflin Travel Blog› entry 5 of 5 › view all entries
To finish off a week of busyness (three day visit from a MD friend, then my Dad's birthday), I spent Friday at the closest amusement park: Kennywood just east of Pittsburgh. I went at the end of a busy week since it was my alma mater's day there. Our ticket price got us admission, dinner, free beverages throughout the afternoon, and this year's GCC shirt (white with red trim although we noticed that the incoming freshmen had a 3/4 quarter length sleeve shirt with crimson for an accent color). Kate and I got there earlier than last year--I didn't forget anything this year! We were able to get several rides in at the back of the park before things started to get crowded.
- Exterminator--our first ride and our last ride of the day
- The Whip
- Thunderbolt--front row!
- Ghostwood Manor--rode it two different times. The first time we were in the first group to go through for the day. I did better than last year with both scores in the 900's. Kate still beat me both times
- Noah's Ark
- Racers--front row again and our car won by a few inches!
- Cosmic Chaos--first time ever for me on this ride
- Bumper Cars
- Pirate Ride
- Garfield's Nightmare
- Potato Patch Fries with seasoning salt
- Dippin' Dots Oreo sundae
- Fried Oreos
Also saw Kenny the Kangaroo and our college mascot, a wolverine.