The day I met Mandy.

Arnhem Travel Blog

After returning back to Arnhem after being in Apeldoorn. Mandy had a day off from work so we organised to met in Arnhem. We had talked a lot on TB before I left for Europe so I was excited to met her in person. I caught a bus from the hostel to Williemsplein and waited for her there.

Mandy then arrived. And I was feeling very shy at first, don't know why, but as we said hello to each other and Mandy smiled and carried on talking. And my shyness went away and I knew that it was going to be a good day. We then walked through Arnhem looking for a cafe that was open. For some reason the shops were opening later than usual. I hadn't had a chance to have a cup of coffee yet, something I need in the mornings to help me wake up. So we soon found a cafe that was open and I was able to have my morning coffee.
We then made our way towards the river and saw the John Frost Bridge and Nelson Mandela Bridge. After that we carried on exploring the city, seeing some war monuments along the way.

The day seemed to fly by, and we were having a lot of fun exploring the city and chatting. Then to my surprise I was invited back to Mandy's house for Dinner. I felt very honoured and couldn't refuse the invitation. Mandy's mom Gejah then picked us up from Arnhem and we drove to Rheden. They took me on a little tour of Rheden and I saw Mandy's old school. Then we arrived at their house. I then met Mandy's brother Mitchel. We then all relaxed and spoke in the lounge while Gejah prepared Dinner. I had brought a dvd with me from Bahrain, and what the dvd was mostly about was scuba diving in Bahrain. We then watched the dvd and had a very delicious dinner. Then it was time for me to leave and Gejah drove me all the way back to the hostel in Arnhem.

This day became 1 of the highlights of my trip. I really enjoyed meeting Mandy and Gejah.  And enjoyed spending the day with Mandy.

And Mandy. I'll see you in Bahrain on the 28th Feb. It will be great seeing you again.
Arnhem Hostels review
A nice place to stay in an interesting city.
This was a nice place to stay. Reasonably priced. A little bit of a mission to reach the city centre, you have to catch the bus by the hospital. The b… read entire review
6,088 km (3,783 miles) traveled