Where 3 rivers meet.

Passau Travel Blog

Passau was the next stop after Salzburg. As far as first impressions go I wasn't impressed. The main reason being the hostel that I stayed at. I didn't like it and it was small, it could only take 6 to 8 people and there was no breakfast in the mornings. But it was cheap so decided to live with it, after all I was only going to be here for 3 days.

Now Passau is a place where 3 of the main rivers in Germany meet. And as I started exploring the city I started to like it and enjoy myself. It has a relaxed atmosphere, you would almost expect it to be a holiday town. And it has a university so the nightlife is festive with all the students. The city centre is flanked on both sides with 2 of the rivers. And there are walkways along the rivers so you could spend hours walking along the river edges enjoying the scenery and the atmosphere. And on one of the days I found and visited the Roman museum.

A Brief history lesson: Passau used to be a Roman outpost. this outpost was vital to the Roman Empire as its rivers could allow easy access to the rest of Germany by boat.

And so I spent by 3 days relaxing by the rivers and enjoyed some of the night life. Was able to watch a Bayern Munich game at the Irish pub. Funny enough the same pub with same name as the pub where I had that little mishap in Salzburg. No need to mention that again.
Passau Hostels review
Another "just a place to stay".
From the outside this hostel looked very inviting, but wasn't impressed with the inside. The dorm was a small room with bunk beds that could only slee… read entire review
Passau