Onwards to Berlin.

Berlin Travel Blog

I had arrived in Berlin and was spending 5 days here. It was very confusing being at the main train station, it was very large and I had lost my way trying to find the S-Bahn trains. Managing to find the right one I then got to Friedrichsharn and checked into my hostel.

During my time in Berlin. I met up with Silke and she had organised a mini Meetup for the friday night. So I met Silke at the train station and we went to the meetup. We were all meeting at a Vietnamese resterant, it is not really my type of food but I did enjoy it. We had a good time chatting and it was a lot of fun. Then a small group of 4 of us then hit the town. We visited so many bars, and finally landed up at a Russian one and was amazed to see traditional Russian dancing. The night drew to an end, or should I say morning as we only left the last bar at 6:00 in the morning.
And I'm told that this is typical of Berlin on the weekend. Well they sure know how to party.

The next day was a write off. Silke was staying with me at the Hostel. and the next day was spent with us asleep, sleeping off the alcohol.

The day after that I spent it as a day to myself. Berlin had depressed me for some reason, so my bright idea was to go to the zoo. Well....that was a mistake. I was depressed even more. Coming from South Africa we like to keep our animals in wide open spaces, so seeing Lions in a cage and seeing the look in their eyes was almost enough to bring me to tears.

Well the next day Silke came to the rescue and we spent the day in Potsdam.
Berlin Hostels review
Where the party's at ?
This was a pretty nice place to stay. Rooms were very clean. and the staff were friendly and helpful. Bedsheets were provided and it was nicely locate… read entire review
photo by: CFD