First time working abroad

Frankfurt am Main Travel Blog

This was my first time going all alone to a foreign country, and as this was even for 5 weeks and for an internship, I was excited, nervous and everything else one can imagine for days. I was checking at least every 10 minutes, whether I had my ID and other important stuff with me. Moreover, I feared all the time to miss my flight so that I arrived 2 hours earlier....and within 15 minutes I got from the train station to the gate^^. So I had almost 2 hours to sit around and to worry and to make a fuss over every detail of my journey.

However, finally the 2 hours passed and we could board the plane. After it was driving around for about 15 minutes I already thought that we would never land in England if the pilot didn't accelarate. What I didn't knew was that it took so long to get to the runway. was my first time I flew from Frankfurt, so please excuse my greenness.
When we started at last, I finally got calm and even started to enjoy the view from the plane. However, when we began to land I saw the cars and my only thought was then "Oh no, they're driving on the wrong side, I'm there!!!" - I still remember as if it was yesterday^^