Working to pay for the trip

Paris Travel Blog

Eiffel tower after 11pm, with it's twinkly light show. The picture doesn't do it justice, as the long exposure just makes it look like double the normal # of lights. :-)

Not much traveling today and it was way too wet to take any pictures.

I woke up around 6am, and went down to breakfast in the hotel lobby where I found some excellent coffee and yummy croissants.

I wasn't positive of where our Puteaux office was, so I got an early start. Thankfully I did, because I made a wrong turn getting off of the Metro, and ended up wandering around in the rain for about an hour until I figured out where the heck I was.  Puteaux is a suburb of Paris, about 3 miles northwest of the Eiffel tower. It is a multi-level maze of office buildings, but thankfully they have fairly good maps of the area posted, even though they aren't oriented north (grumble, grumble).

Nothing too exciting about the work part of my day, although I do like the layout of the office which has no cubicles, and lots of windows.

I mentioned to a coworker as we were standing out in a light rain that I really didn't mind the rain, and being from Phoenix where we get very little it was actually a bit of a treat. He looked at me like I was insane, and I couldn't make him understand why I thought that.

Well, walking the mile plus back to the Metro station in a driving rain with incredibly strong wind gusts changed my mind very quickly! I forget that almost everybody here walks a large amount every day, and that's not much fun in the rain.

The evening has be rather quiet, had a nice dinner at a bar down the street, and now I'm trying to decide if I should go to sleep or stay up until around 11:30 so I can get another picture of the Eiffel Tower. That is when it has hundreds of flashing strobe lights all over it that go off in a random (well it appears random, probably very carefully planed out) order.

If you see a picture show up of it later, then I made it that long, but bed is sounding pretty good about now.

Update: Well I stayed up, but the picture doesn't really convey what the lights look like in person, they just flash way too fast for a night exposure.  Oh well, still neat to see again.  :-)

morgandonner says:
Sounds like you are having quite an adventure! Hope your work is finished quickly, so you can continue on your adventure!

donna
Posted on: Feb 12, 2007
Eiffel tower after 11pm, with its…
Eiffel tower after 11pm, with it'…
Paris