More work

Paris Travel Blog

It was a pretty quiet day today, and was very rainy. Work is still going well, but I am looking forward to tomorrow, when I'm done!  :-)

We ate lunch today at a very interesting little cafe, the food is hard to describe. It was basically a French take on American food.  I had the "Texean", which was a toasted baguette covered in chicken breast pieces, smothered in cheese and BBQ sauce. This was sitting on a bed of lettuce, with a very nice vinaigrette.  Think Quizzno’s, but about 100 times better.

After work I went to the train office and after much pointing back and forth was able to make my train reservations to take me to Le Mans, and then over to Switzerland.  The swiss part of the journey is on an overnight train and I am stuck in 2nd class, so that should be interesting.

Later I wandered around the neighborhood of my hotel for over an hour trying to find a new place to eat; the rain had finally died down so it was very nice out.  I ended up at a small Italian place, and as usual the food was superb. I had a large plate of penne in a 4 cheese sauce, too much wine, and an excellent dessert consisting of a hard meringue crust, ice cream, and dark chocolate topping, resting in a puddle of chocolate liquor.

Needless to say I think I am still gaining weight!

photo by: Sweetski