Return to England

Staines Travel Blog

Well, it was more or less the same as getting to Corfu, but this time the (lack of) organisation at the aiport added to the chaos - really added to it! I have never seen a small airport that was so busy and full of people. By the time we had made it to the check-in desk it was almost closing. That turned out to be a good thing though because one of our group had forgotten his bag on the bus and was desperately trying to find out which bus it was and where it might have gone. Somehow he got lucky and his bag was found. The next hurdle was actually getting past passport control. For most of us this was not a problem, but one of our group was from an EU state that had only just joined on the 1st May and obviously not everyone at passport control knew this. They stopped her, wondering why she was intending to leave the country when she had not properly entered it, i.e. there was no stamp in her passport to show she had come. I wonder whether they thought she had come illegally? Anyway, afer that had already been an issue a few times I was pretty pissed off which fortunately made me rather persuasive -if slightly pushy- and she was allowed through and we were finally on our way back home.
photo by: jennjeff1