AsiaChinaXi'an

Terracotta Warriors

Xi'an Travel Blog

After the Beijing day tour to the Wall and Tombs, we are off to the airport to fly to Xian to see the Terracotta Warriors. I accomplished two important things with this flight: 1) I added another airline I’ve flown on Eastern China and 2) I asked the passport control guy to stamp my passport and I got one. Stacey was pissed because she forgot to ask. We arrived at Xian at night, so the drive into the city was a non-event.

We stayed at the Shangri-La in Xian. The hotel is in the city, but not in the city center. It is about a 10-min taxi ride to the city center, but it is closer to the expressway out to the warriors and other historical sites.

I took a walk early the next morning. I went to an outdoor market. There is a market for every neighborhood in China. Most people don’t seem to have good refrigeration so they buy their food daily. The market had everything: vegetables, meat, live animals, local fish, and many cook food stalls. I love eating street food and the BBQ like meat was great. I also walked into a large western-like grocery store, but I preferred the outdoor market.

Xi'an Sights & Attractions review
I get to check off another on my list of sights to see in my life. This trip has been great. Sometimes when you see a historical site it often disapp… read entire review
Xi'an