Hong Kong

Hong Kong Travel Blog

It’s been a great trip so far and I am looking forward to Hong Kong. You hear so much about this city and I had great expectations, but I kept comparing it to the other cities in China. Hong Kong is the financial capital of Asia. You can get a taste of china here in the midst of this western city, but I wouldn’t call this a typical Chinese city. It is more west than east. Hong Kong is divided by Victoria Harbor with Kowloon on one side and Central Hong Kong on the other.

Our last stop before going home so we spent the money and stayed at the Intercontinental Hong Kong. Considered one of the best hotels in the world with one of the finest restaurants in the world "SPOON by Alain Ducasse". We didn’t eat here because we didn’t know this was one of the best restaurants in the world until we got home and saw it on TV. It’s one of those "put a gun to my head moments". I’ve had many of these. We got upgraded to a suite with a balcony right on the harbor (Kowloon side).

Armed with our Lonely Planet Map we are off to see the city. We walked over to the famous Star Ferry to go across Victoria Harbor to Central Hong Kong to start our tour. It is cool to have a city with ferries. We liked going back and forth on the ferry while we were here. Anyway, we get to the other side and catch the bus to take us to the tram for Victoria Peak.

Hong Kong