Chinese Food

Shanghai Travel Blog

Chinese Food

I tried a little of everything here in Shanghai. I had authentic Chinese Food where nothing was written in English and no one spoke English. I ate at a couple outdoor markets to sample the street food and I had an Indian meal at a random restaurant we found.

Authentic Chinese food is different. They use different spices and different ingredients. I loved it. I had a duck soup that was unreal even with the duckbill, feet and other parts. Shark fin soup was very good. I have always wanted to try this and it didn’t disappoint. Even the schezuan-like beef was totally different. When they brought it to our table and uncovered it, we all began to cough because the fumes were so powerful. Soon the table next to us began coughing. We all laughed and were afraid to try this beef because we thought our mouth would be eaten inside out by the pure acid strength of these peppers. To our great surprise, the peppers were hot but not real hot and had a totally unique flavor. How did they do that?

The street food that I had was excellent. I see why so many people eat this way all over the world. I have had great street food almost everywhere I have traveled. Stews, dumplings, meat skewer were some of the items tasted. They were all good and I didn’t get sick. Stacey on the other hand, but she always gets sick on vacation. Next trip we get a prescription for Cipro.

Shanghai Sights & Attractions review
The Bund Arguably the most famous street in Asia. Why? I don’t know. It’s a curved promenade along the river and about a mile long. There are … read entire review
Shanghai