And onto Rhodes

Rhodes Travel Blog

Rhodes City in the distance

After a great night of sailing, we were scheduled to arrive in Rhodes City at 7AM.  I don't recall going to bed early, but I woke up before sunrise, showered, and went out on deck.  It was a little cold, but I got to see the sun rise after seeing it set the night before.  There were only a couple people there, so it was a great time to reflect.  As we closed in on port, I went back to the room to get Cathy.  We headed down to the exit early to make sure we could see as much as we could.  Just like the day before, we were the only ones up and waiting!  There was an optional excursion to Lindos to see the city and the Acropolis there, so we decided we would catch the first bus out there (and save 100 euro) to check it out ourselves.  We would be on Rhodes all day, so we knew we could see Rhodes City later.

Our walk through the city this morning was just as nice as on Patmos - there were a few locals out, but there was not one tourist anywhere.  It was so nice to be able to walk through the quiet streets and just enjoy being there.  Our walk took us to the information desk outside the bus stop, and we discovered that the next bus to Lindos was ready to leave!  We jumped on and were on our way.

Rhodes City