Live in Another Country

World Travel Blog

I want to experience different things and test myself. I need an adventure I don't want to regret the things that I haven't done I would rather regret the things that I have done.

My first idea was to go to America to work for a year as I have always wanted to visit San Francisco and see the Golden Gate Bridge. Shop in New York, visit the Statue of Liberty and step foot on Ellis Island where many immigrants passed through for the search of a better life. However, after looking into this I found that it would be almost impossible to get a visa. So thought what other english speaking country could I travel to. Thats when I stummbled across this site and decided Oz.

I want to head the end of next year and set up home in one of the Major cities for 6 months to make some more cash as I know I won't have nearly enough when I go. My heart is set on Sydney at the moment but I have also heard good things about Melbourne and Perth to. So any input would be fantastic. I would be exploring the surrounding areas at the weekends if I manage to get myself a 9-5 job. I've been given a link to a good website for jobs seek. And another kind person gave me a link for finding accomodation which I while have to post on here to when I have a look at my facebook again.

After the 6 months are up I would love to head to NZ (thinking a bus tour for a month at the mo),  then back to Oz to backpack my way up the East Coast working for accomodation ending up in Fiji.

I realise that Oz is massive and hope that I'm enjoying myself so much that I don't want to come home am going to look into agricultural work so theres the possibility of extending my visa. Then at least I would get a chance to see the west coast.

Any tips or suggestions of what I definitely shouldn't miss give me a shout?!*