Here we are!

Winston Salem Travel Blog

Well, after a long and gruelling move we are finally officially here.  Although less than impressed with our moving company (torn and crushed boxes, broken bookshelves, dented items), almost everything made it here in 'stable condition' (haha, nursing jargon).  Our apartment is actually in a nice area - tucked back off a quiet cul-de-sac and near lots of shopping, including a giant mall.

During the move-in process of signing all the forms and papers, Shadow started going CRAZY in his carrier (he hadn't been to the litterbox since eeearrrrly morning and it was now almost dinnertime.  Gary, the leasing agent, was nice enough to let us stop signing and run to the apartment to allow for a kitty bathroom break.  Poor Shadow - as SOON as I poured the litter in the box he was in it and going!  He's such a good cat - I hate to drive him to such desperation!

I'm enjoying having all my own clothes (rather than just a suitcase full) and kitchen things (rather than a furnished place with cheapo items), but having trouble figuring out where to put it all.  Although around 1000 sq ft, our apt has almost no storage area - small closets and no pantry for food!  It will be an interesting challenge.  We have already sufficiently filled our spare closet to the point that nothing more will fit from floor to ceiling, and I'm not even sure what all is in there.  Who knew we had so much STUFF?  But you can't just throw away Christmas items, books, winter clothing, etc - it must be stored.  And yet, alas, there is still more that cannot be fit in the closet and must sit around the room cluttering things up.

Anyway, we're certainly not done unpacking, but we're getting there.  Luckily Jesse doesn't have to start school till week after next, although I have to start work on Monday.  Hopefully I end up liking the place!

Winston Salem