Making our Way to Our Little Hide Away

Aberfeldy Travel Blog

Well there were 9 (Ash, her boyfriend (Paul), mum (Moira), stepdad and gran, me and my lil sis and our friends Broon and Janet) of decided to get away between Christmas and New Year to recuperate in time for Hogmanay and take advantage of our well deserved holiday. Ash's mum managed to find a lovely little set of cottages for us to stay in just 10 minutes drive from Aberfeldy right next to Loch Tay which made it so much easier for us we just gave her £50 each and we were off for 3 days it was actually booked for 5 days but we had to all do the usual family things and me and my sis had a party on the 29th to come back for so its the way it panned out but no one was fussed. Ash's mum, stepdad and gran shared a cottage and the rest of us had one.

It had been arranged that Paul, Broon and Stepdad were driving. Paul and Broon came to our mums to pick me and Yvonne up. And we headed on our journey to Aberfeldy which took from what I can remember about 3 hours. It was a tiresome drive especially being hungover from the night before I had my old faithful Ribena which I love when hungover so it kept me going on our way up. We got there in the morning collected the keys from the landlord and settled in!!!

It was great Moira had offered to cook dinner for us so we piled down to theirs which was fantastic cos they had a massive log fire. She had made us spag bol and garlic bread which was amazing!!! Everyone had a few drinks apart from me and Yvonne (we had had a heavy night previously mind you) and we played the Family Fortunes DVD. The Family against Me, Yvonne, Broon and Janet. Ash went on about her gran being a bad loser but when it came to us actually winning she was the stroppy one haha!!

After some telly that was us off to bed so we were well rested for our exploring in the morning.

photo by: jojostevie