From New York to Montego Bay!

Montego Bay Travel Blog

Sunset amongst the clouds

As per my tradition before leaving for a vacation, I always go out the night before and indulge for some much needed ETOH.

And so, the night before, I met up with my friend, Finelle, who was going with me on this trip along with 3 of our other friends. Since she was sleeping over at my place so we can leave together for the airport, we decided to have dinner together. Her boyfriend, Victor, joined us after he got off work, and my friend, Matt (matrilla) arrived in NY just that afternoon, joined us as well. We opted to have Mexican food since there is a good Mexican restaurant close to my apartment, only a block and a half away. We all had their famous margaritas which were quite strong that were just awesome and I had my usual salmon. Or was it tuna, this time? After dinner, Victor left since he had work early the next day, so Finelle, Matt and I went to one of my favorite bar/lounges in my neighborhood- Stir.

About to land in Monetego Bay
They have great selection of cocktail drinks and easygoing feel. There weren't much people there, but I think that is why I like the place a lot - especially during early weeknights. Another friend, Sean, joined us for a drink before he, too, went home. Two drinks and 2 hours later, we stopped by another neighborhood pub for some cosmopolitans before we headed back to my apartment. But before that, we stopped by at Finelle's friend's apartment who lives in the same apartment building as me, just a few floors above mine for some hi's and hello's, then left again.

We chatted a bit and I made Finelle and Matt have more drinks. Since I have a bottle of vodka - Grey Goose, my favorite - always in stock inside the freezer, and some cranberry and orange juice, they had a choice of vodak-cran or a screwdriver.

The island...
Needless to say, by 3am, we were ready to hit the sack. Matt and Finelle woke up first. We said our goodbyes to Matt and I headed to the shower. After re-packing and re-checking my luggage for the trip to make sure I had all the essentials and got rid of some junk I knew I wasn't going to need, I was ready and off we were hailing a cab to drop us off the subway where we took the E train that will connect us to the airport shuttle to JFK. Our friends, Rachelle and her bf, RP, and Kris, had already checked in. Checked-in was relatively easy and quick despite the chaotic look at the luggage drop-off area. While on the line for security, we found Kris to be ahead of us and he decided to wait with us! Aww... so sweet of Kris! We took out time getting to the gate since we still had 45 minutes until boarding.
Our room
But eventually, with nothing to do and no intention of shopping at the airport, we went to the gate and purposely hid ourselves from Rachelle and RP whom we saw seating idly waiting for us to show up, unaware  that we were just seating across them from another gate. That is, until Rachelle called and we told them where we were and they joined us.

I slept on the 3 hour flight to Miami where we had another 3 hour layover before our connecting flight to Montego Bay. Finelle brought a game with her - something similar to pictionary - which we played, quite loudly I might add, while we waited. Finally, our flight was called, as we began boarding. It was an hour and a half flight to Montego Bay and when we landed, the sun was already setting.

RP and Rachelle's room
The custom and baggage pick-up was quick and we were outside getting a ride to our resort hotel.

Our resort hotel was only 10 minutes away from the airport and another 10 minutes by walk to the Strip. We checked-in, dropped off our luggage in our very spacious room and had dinner. We watch some of the show - "Battle of the Sexes" on stage, which was embarassing because the women were so dumb! I was so tempted to go up the stage and answer because it was simply humiliating watching those women who represent my gender. When the show ended, we hung out a bit by the stage and decided to attempt to catch the little fishes we saw by the shore. Yes, we were unsuccessful - those little buggers! - but it was fun. The resort hotel has a mini-club, which we checked out for a bit. It was mostly old people there so we left quickly after. We later went to sleep after returning to our room.

atray87 says:
Great pics and blog.. I will be staying at the RDMB this July 09... thanks for getting me even more excited!!!
Posted on: Feb 11, 2009
RP and Rachelles room
RP and Rachelle's room
Dancing... so I was happy!
Dancing... so I was happy!
The show..