Back for a Visa

Brussels Travel Blog

After an extra week in Graz I decided to get the bus rather than hitching back to Brussels because I had spent so long procrastinating about getting my visa that I just had to go there and do it. By this stage my visa in Belgium was long expired and I was operating on my three months as a tourist in the Schengen lands deal. Anyone who's spent any length of time in Western Europe should know about this craziness. Actually getting the visa in Antwerp was quite a painless process compared to my other visa applications, I just had to sit and wait and for no fee within three hours I walked out with my shiny new visa.

During my time back in Brussels I walked to Waterloo with Adrienne to see where Napoleon was defeated, it was a four hour walk, and once we got there we ate our sandwiches and wondered at our freezing fingers and then we wondered no more as it started snowing... oh, it's cold. We hitched together to the beautiful city of Gent for a Hospitality Club meeting.

After spending a Couple days back in Tienen with my Belgian family I set of for my new adopted land of the Netherlands...

Brussels