Phuket Travel Blog

 › entry 3 of 4 › view all entries
*This entry is backdated*

We landed in Phuket at night, and hopped into our hotted up taxi. The driver must have thought he was in a car race the whole time, but I have to admit it was fun.

We headed over to the Patong area, and found our hotel right on the beach. It was quite nice, and we settled into our rooms, got some snacks, and headed out to the beach to eat.

As we were sitting on the beach, I kept getting this sensation that things were running all over me. It was pretty dark by this time, and the moon not so bright this night. So my sister flashed the camera onto the sand, and when I saw how many crabs there were, I ran like a mad woman.

Needless to say, we didnt stay on the beach any longer, and we resided back to the room, watched some tv, and headed to bed.

The next morning, Jenni had a huge sleep in, so I decided to go for a walk around town. It was an overcast morning, but still damn hot. I really enjoyed the walk, and watching the locals doing their thing.

Once Jenni was up, we headed to some of the shops and bought some sarongs, and headed down to the beach to hire us some chairs. We sunbathed, watched some games of volleyball, and had a swim. It was a very relaxing day.

The following morning, we went back to the beach, and watched another game of volleyball. I decided that after that, I was going to try paragliding. I had been watching people do it during the past day, and it looked like a heap of fun. I thought it was pretty cool that the Thai guys jump all over you during the ride. I dont know how they are brave enough to do it without being strapped in.
Crazy huh? haha....

Anyways, turns out I hated it. The straps were cutting into my legs big time, and I was in so much pain, that after two minutes, I just wanted to come down again.

So we decided to try our hand at jetskiing. Jenni and I decided to share one at first, as we had never ridden one before. I was going along pretty fast on it, but as soon as Jenni was driving, I was shitting myself! She is the craziest driver I have ever seen! So once our time was up, we headed back to the beach, chilled for a while, and then decided to do it again. But this time, we got one jetski each!

It was so much fun out there on the jetskis. We got to ride over to all areas of the beaches, and see a lot of nice things.

That night, we headed back to Singapore.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
photo by: Aclay01