The Dusty Lanes Of Nothing

Siem Reap Travel Blog

*This entry is backdated*

On the flight from Hanoi to Siem Reap, there were only about 25 people. The airport in Siem Reap is so small, but they are building another terminal.

I met my driver, and he arranged for him and a guide to take me to the Angkor Wat Temples the next morning. I told him to pick me up at about 5am, because I wanted to see the sun rise over Angkor Wat.

On the way to my guesthouse, I noticed that there were a lot of huge hotels, that looked to mostly cater for the Japanese and Korean tourists. They seemed to be a little out of the way from the centre of town itself.

I'm staying at the Red Piano Guesthouse, which is you guessed it, bright red! Its really nice and clean inside, and in a good location. Although I guess everything in this town is a good location, as its so small.

For dinner I went to the Red Piano Restaurant, which is where the Tomb Raider Cast made themselves home while they were filming the movie. Its a really nice restaurant, with a great atmosphere. The only downer was that on the way to the restaurant, there were so many child beggars. It was so hard to just walk past them all.

After dinner, I just went back to the guesthouse and watched some tv.
Siem Reap