Angkor Wat

Angkor Travel Blog

*This entry is backdated*

I woke up at 4.30am, and went downstairs to meet my driver and guide. My guide was only 22, but had great knowledge of the area.

We went to Angkor Wat first, which was so beautiful. I felt like I had stepped into another world. We stayed there for a while, and I was hoping to see the sun rise, but it was overcast, so I was a little disappointed.

After that we went to a lot of the surrounding temples. They were all so beautiful, and each one had its own special thing about it. After spending hours looking around at the other temples, we went back to Angkor Wat.

When we were inside the temple, I decided that I would climb the really sleep stairs. Once I had got to the top and turned around, there were about 50 tourists just looking at me and taking photos.
I was a little confused as to why. Then once I had got down, I walked to the other side, and there on the steps was a rail that you could hold onto to make the climb easier. I was going to kick my guides arse for not telling me that earlier. I should have remembered that though, from when my parents were there.

After the temples, I went to the Temple Bar back in Siem Reap, and just relaxed for a while. Then I went for a look around the Old Market.

I ended up getting pretty bored, so I went to the travel agency and asked them if I could change my flight, and leave Siem Reap a day and a half early, but the Vietnam Airlines office was closed.

So I ended up going back out to the temples because I wanted to go into the hot air balloon. When I got there I was told that they wouldn't be going up anymore that day because the wind was too high.

The next day I woke up early and went to the Vietnam Airlines office, and was able to change my flight. I booked the first flight to Saigon.

I went back to the centre of town, and went to the Old Market again, and I bought some t-shirts. After that I went back to the guesthouse, and got ready to go to Saigon.
photo by: ulysses