The Broken Dreadlock

Bangkok Travel Blog

*This entry is backdated*

Once I was in Bangkok, I went to the hotel and unpacked, and then went to Pantip Plaza, which is near where I stayed last time I was in Bangkok. After that I just went for a walk, and went to bed early.

The next morning I woke up early, and then went for a walk around at some of the street stalls. Then I went to a walk bridge that I had seen last time I was here, and took some pictures of the traffic. It was still crazy.

I went back to my hotel, and then decided to go and check my e-mails. While I was walking to the internet café, I saw a dreadlock on the ground. Now, I don’t really like them on a persons head, so when I saw it on the ground I was all like ‘sooooo discusting’.

That night, our tour group met in the hotel. There are 14 people on the tour, and most of the people are from Australia, but two are from New Zealand. I’m sharing a room with a girl called Kel, who is from Melbourne as well. I also met Amy and Lauren who are from Melbourne.

The whole group went out for dinner, and after that us Melbourne girls decided to go out to the Patpong Markets. So we took our first trip on the skytrain there. The market was as busy as it was last time I was there, and they were selling a bit of everything.

While we were looking through the market, we had the bar owners asking us if we would like to see the sex shows, ping pong, etc…. not our kind of thing. So as we continued through the market saying no to every second person we saw, we ended up buying a few handbags, watches, and some shoes.

On the way back to the hotel, the four of us squeezed into a tuk-tuk. It was so scary, but awesome fun at the same time!
photo by: halilee