Nothing Like Malaysia

Kuala Lumpur Travel Blog

 › entry 1 of 6 › view all entries
*This entry is backdated*

After saying goodbye to everyone at the airport I went through to the customs area. When I was there I met a lady who is living in Melbourne, but is originally from India. It was quite funny, because as we were walking through the metal dectors, they kept going off because she was wearing so much jewelry. It took her so many goes to get through. Once we got to Malaysia, we met up at the airport again.

The hotel I am staying in is quite nice. It is surrounded by shopping centres. There is literally a mall on every side of the hotel. From my hotel window I can see the Petrona’s Towers, and the Kuala Lumpur Tower.

After I settled into the hotel I had a shower and then went to send a few e-mails.
After that I went to a few small shops and bought a few postcards, and a purse. I went for a walk around at some of the malls next to my hotel and bought some earings, a long singlet shirt, and a pair of pants.

In the afternoon I went and called Lorraine. We decided that we would meet the next day at the KLCC.

I went back to the hotel, because I had organised to do a day tour of the city sights. It turned out that I was the only one on the tour. So that was a bit of a bummer, but the tour itself was ok. We went to Petaling Street in Chinatown first, and there were a few stalls set up, but it wasn’t too busy. Then we walked past the Dury Lane Wet Market, but I’m glad that we didn’t go in. After that we went to the Sze Ya Temple, the Sri Mahamariamman Hindu Temple, and the Central Market, where we watched a Tarik demonstration.

Soon after seeing these it began to rain. So we drove to the Jamek Mosque, Colonial Kuala Lumpur, Independence Square, Sultan Abdul Samad Building, The Royal Selangor Club, St Mary’s Anglican Church, the Kuala Lumpur Railway Station, and the official Mosque. Because of the rain, I had to see most of these places from inside the car, so I was a little disappointed.

After I had gone back to the hotel, I decided to go back to Petaling Street, in Chinatown. It was so busy this time. I spent almost 2 hours there, and bought so much.

After the shopping, I went to the Petrona’s Towers. I didn’t realise how big they were until I was standing right next to them.

After I went back to the hotel, I went to an outdoor café just down the street from my hotel.
I decided to go there because I saw that they had sheesha’s there, and I hadn’t smoked one since I was in Jordan. When I was there I met a guy from the Middle East called Kalif. He asked me to join him and his friend. They were both really nice. We just hung around there for a while, and listened to the live band.

I went back to the hotel about 11.40pm, and the streets were as busy as they were during the day.

The next morning I woke up early and went to look at the Sultan Abdul Samad Building again. It was really nice, and the area surrounding it was really good too. While I was there I met a European guy who was studying in Brisbane. While I was there I went for a walk around it, and found a little market, where I bought some more jewelry and some pictures.

I took everything back to the hotel, and then I went to meet Lorraine and the KLCC. I recognised her straight away, and her sister Yvonne was there too. They showed me around the towers, and a nearby park. Then we went to the BB Plaza, and when we were leaving, I saw Kalif and his friend again. They asked me to go out for drinks with them that night.

I had to go back to the hotel early because I had booked a night tour of the city. I talked with the girls for a while, but then I had to go. Once the guy came to pick me up, I decided not to do the tour, and instead went back to Chinatown for more shopping.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!