Niagara Falls Canada

Niagara Falls Travel Blog

Canadian Falls

I wasn't planning on stopping here at first, but it was along the way.  According to the map, it looks like I went across the lake, but I went around along the highway. Niagara Falls isn't that far from Toronto, but since Canadian traffic is so bad, it took several hours, and there wasn't much light left when I got there. So it was a matter of finding a parking space, running to the falls and taking some decent photos just to say I was there. There is a theme park nearby, Marineland, but the gates closed about an hour before I got there, and I couldn't find a way to sneak in. So I went back to Niagara Falls, went up the observation tower, where again they were obsessed with taking your photo, and went to one of the many casions. If you think American slot machines suck your money right out of you, Canadian slot machines are worse. Just when you got just a few dollars left, you'll win a little bit to entice you into putting another 20 in. There are several small tourist attractions here. The one I went to involved an animal student learning about the history of Niagara falls. You stand in the midle of a round room, and waterfalls surround you. There were also fireworks that night. After the fireworks, I left. Although there was much more to see here, it's one of those places you go to with someone else.

The closest I got to Marineland