Last Leg

Lompoc Travel Blog

Hitting the road one last time

The next morning I left for Lompoc, my hometown and also the new home of the kitten. My current home is in Orange County, but it would still be a few weeks before I went there. But this is where my Big Big road trip comes to an end. In thirty one days, I traveled ten thousand miles, saw nearly all the states I've never been to before, and took a whopping 11,000 photos. I deleted about 3000 of them. Even though gas was over $4 everywhere, this was the only time I would be able to take a road trip like this, and have no regrets over the expense. How much did it come out to? About $6,000 I think, if you include hotel  bills, entrance fees, and food. I never did keep track of the money. If I did, I'm sure I would have panicked and headed straight across.

the kitten's new perch
But don't worry, I had been saving up for the entire year, and still had money left over.

That's a big country out here, and I barely scratched the surface. And whenever I was in a place where I wanted to stay longer, because of the nature of the trip, I had to keep going. My next trips will be much more area specific. But if you ever get the opportunity to just get in your car and drive across, and stop at just the little odd stops, don't even hesitate, just go.

Many thanks to all the smiles and comments, keep them coming, and thanks for the writing award.

I have three other travel blogs planned, all of which happened before this one, and all much shorter, so be sure to check them out there.

And that's all for now.