Memorials and Museums

Washington Travel Blog

Washington D.C. is great. Very hot, but great. My dad lives here but as he had to fly off somewhere for work, I met up with Kevin who is from Pennsylvania but lives in Melbourne.

We some how managed to lose our bearings on the mall (which is a really big and quite obvious piece of land in the centre of town), we also managed to walk into the wrong museum but anyway we found the one we wanted (Natural History Museum) and it was very very good. We spent the whole afternoon in there more or less.

We saw the capitol building which is huge, and we saw that reflective pool (the one in Forrest Gump where he makes a speech and the girl wades into the water - it's always really exciting to see spots that you guys in America probably are very used to but people like me have only seen on tv). Saw the Lincoln memorial which was very impressive, lots of people though. And the Library of Congress which I loved. It was a very elaborate building but very nice and we got to see the first printed Bible. Exciting for me as I am doing my masters in publishing! Also saw the white house of course

What else, so we went to the Air and Space Museum which was also fantastic, and saw George Washingtons House at Mt Vernon which was a little farther away than I imagined.

Up to this point, after walking around all of Tokyo, all of New York, and now all of DC, I think I was starting to feel it a little bit!

I think this flag used to be on th…
I think this flag used to be on t…
fireworks