AsiaJapanTokyo

The Imperial palace, Ginza and Asakusa

Tokyo Travel Blog

Anna and I walked the entire way around the imperial palace which was really a lot further than we thought it was. Most of it looked the same all the way around, haha. We saw some guys who looked like they were about to die from jogging. Some of them really old!

Spurred on by the old people we decided to walk to Ginza which was really quite far! Our feet would have been screaming if they could scream. From there I think I hopped on a train to Asakusa while Anna went off to her dance class.

Asakusa was pretty cool, I think it was one of the older looking parts of Tokyo if I remember right and they sold heaps of souvenirs and Japanesey stuff there. Someone asked me to bring back some 'Totoro' stuff. I didn't know what Totoro was, but anyway I found it here. It's a grey hamster looking thing that is apparently a cartoon.

So there were shops in a covered walk way that led to a temple which I got to just in time as they were closing in half an hour. It had a cool fountain where you wash your hands and some statues and massive lanterns. Very interesting.

Had dinner I think in Shinjuku, with Anna and her friend I think her name was Ayako (or 'Ko Ko'). That again was nice and not very expensive at all. Again it was all in Japanese! But they did have pictures of the food!

tree outside the imperial palace
tree outside the imperial palace
covered walkway with shops in Asak…
covered walkway with shops in Asa…
entrance to temple at Asakusa
entrance to temple at Asakusa
temple at Asakusa
Place where you wash your hands!
Place where you wash your hands!
Next to the temple